Friday, April 10, 2020

Positivity Project Post #1_Anne Guzzo

From Anne Guzzo in Santa Fe, NM for sabbatical/ away from Laramie home



OK…...

I have been trying to keep a journal of “silver linings." 


Time outside (in my case, in an interesting, cultural place with nature, desert, ruins, etc.)

Time with family (Bonnie)

exercise time - I, too, have been walking about 5 miles every day.

birds - listening, seeing

dreaming about a new doggy in my life soon and maybe I’ll get chickens, too

flowers - apricot trees were miracles, and now we are on to cherries and apples

adobe architecture - warm, interesting, all different and sculptural in conception. No damn cookie-cutters here!

time to organize my files (when my brain is working, which is actually rare right now)

time to do my taxes (when my brain is working, see above)

time to read fiction - I love fiction, and I almost feel like I am a teenager, and I can put on an “album” and then just read. (I just finished Bless Me, Ultima - a coming of age story for the Northern New Mexico area.)

some delivery food - NM chile! And Chinese food. 

Weekly calls zoom calls with my extended family - I’m finally talking to my brother and sister-in-law and niece and nephew.

Zoom with my pub group

connecting with other friends once a day by phone

time to create - though only….you guessed it, when my brain is working, which is rare! Hah. 

So far, I still have my job and so does Bonnie….

Having a nice relationship with our Santa Fe landlord, who is a wonderful lady of 83 - and her cat, Sophie Sunshine

Getting to know Santa Fe’s roads and streets really well by walking them. 

UU services in Santa Fe are broadcast, and uplifting. (Zoom coffee hour with the septugenarians and octagenarians afterwards is….less fulfilling.)

MOST IMPORTANT: letting myself be kind to myself. I’m accepting what creativity I can do, and accepting my lack of creativity and productivity when I lack it, allowing myself pleasures (dark chocolate, for example) while still taking care of myself, walking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive